- How can I deactivate my account without deleting it?
Please go to your "Search Parameters" page and choose "no" for both romantic and friendship. This way your profile won't be shown to anyone, since you won't look for anyone.
- Can I undo the request I sent?
Sorry, no. One can send at most 3 requests per day. It is impossible to "undo" a request (e.g. to resend it again or because it was sent by mistake).
- How does the site decide who to match me with? What is the matching / ranking algorithm?
As of September 2020, when choosing profiles to show to a specific user, the site takes into account 5 parameters of candidates (with the following weights):
Thus, when you open the site, for each profile on the site, each of these components is calculated and combined into one score (using the weights above). Then all profiles are sorted, such that this score decreases. You then see top profiles from this list.
- When was the last time they visited the website? (35%)
- Distance between them and current user (25%)
- How many optional fields they filled in (20%)
- Do they have a photo? (10%)
- Desired relationship type specificity boost (10%). If I look for romantic and friendship, people who also look for romantic get this boost (i.e. ranked a bit higher than people who look only for friendship). If I look only for friendship, people who look only for friendship get this boost.
- Who are you?
I am just a random guy, named Viktor, living in Munich.
- Why are you doing this?
I like making stuff in general (including physical). I had an idea to make this website and last year during a FIRE meetup people got interested, so I decided to give it a try. This is my hobby. I am doing everything myself in my free time. You can see the number of hours I
spent on stats page.
- This site sucks...
I can't agree more. I am a perfectionist and there are so many things I could improve. But as I said I am doing this completely on my own in my free time, so I have to prioritize. That's why I would appreciate your feedback so much. I want this site to be useful, so I need your input (especially if you don't like the site).
- Why do you limit number of requests and profiles per day?
Yes, one can send at most 3 requests and see at most 12 new profiles per day. Unknown is often mistakenly perceived better than something one already has. Thus, I want to incentivize people to develop contacts they already started instead of eternally searching for the magic perfection. I'm open to your suggestions.